HIGH STREET MALL PORTADOWN PREPARE TO RAISE FUNDS FOR CANCER RESEARCH UK ? NORTHERN IRELAND
TO HELP RAISE NATIONWIDE TARGET OF ? 10,000
Staff at High Street Mall in Portadown have announced a year-long charity partnership with Cancer Research UK Northern Ireland starting in June.
Throughout the year, staff and customers will raise money to hit the ?10,000 target which will go towards pioneering research to help bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.
Tracey Jackson, Centre Manager at the High Street Mall in Portadown, said: ?We are really excited to be launching our new charity of the year partnership with Cancer Research UK.?
?Cancer affects so many people and many friends, loved ones and colleagues have been touched by it. That?s why at the High Street Mall we?re committed to raising as much money as we can to help beat cancer sooner.
?I am confident that our customers will help our enthusiastic teams pull out all the stops to reach our goal. We have all kinds of fundraising events in the pipeline.
Adele Harris at Cancer Research UK said, ?Every hour, someone in Northern Ireland is diagnosed with cancer. With the help of the High Street Mall staff and customers we?re working to fund research which will help more men, women and children survive.?
?It?s fantastic that the Mall have pledged to raise such an incredible amount of money for us in the coming year and we wish them the best of luck with their fundraising. The funds will go towards the charity?s research to beat over 200 types of cancer, helping to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.??
Although the number of people being diagnosed with cancer is going up the good news is that, thanks to research, survival rates have doubled in the past 40 years.? More people across Northern Ireland? are now beating the disease than ever before. Cancer Research UK?s work is at the heart of that progress.?
Cancer Research UK receives no Government funding for its ground-breaking research.? So funds raised through supporters like the High Street Mall and their customers is crucial to the work of doctors, nurses and scientists who work day and night to fight cancer on all fronts.
For more information on Cancer Research UK please visit www.cancerresearchuk.org
About Cancer Research UK
- Cancer Research UK is the world?s leading cancer charity dedicated to saving lives through research
- The charity?s pioneering work into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer has helped save millions of lives.
- Cancer Research UK receives no government funding for its life-saving research. Every step it makes towards beating cancer relies on every pound donated.
- Cancer Research UK has been at the heart of the progress that has already seen survival rates in the UK double in the last forty years.
- Cancer Research UK supports research into all aspects of cancer through the work of over 4,000 scientists, doctors and nurses.
- Together with its partners and supporters, Cancer Research UK's vision is to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.?